About Me

My photo
I need an out sometimes and so I created this blog.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Thoughts for a friend

I have work with a gentlemen named Steve for the past 2 years or so. A little over 9 years ago his brother donated some of his liver to him. Before my transplant Steve wasn't emailing me anymore and I was talking to other people. I was told by one of his co-workers his liver wasn't doing too good. I emailed Steve when I got back never heard from him but I emailed him yesterday asking him how he was telling him I was doing good but I wanted to hear from him. I read his email this morning he said he wasn't doing good he needs another transplant but whatever happens in the end at least he go 9+ years out of this one and he couldn't ask for more. My heart dropped for him he is so strong him and his wife. He has to have stomach taps every week because he has an infection and can't have the catheter. Everything he is going through it's just, I don't have the words but I am sure you are all thinking the same thing. I wish he didn't have to go through this and if I could I would donate a part of my liver. Anything just to stop his pain. If I didn't have Steve to talk to while I was on dialysis I would have been so lost and confused. He was there in the beginning and it really helped to talk to someone who had been through it. I just want to be able to spread the word for him. Please keep Steve and his wife in your thoughts and Dad if you are reading this right now can you and Mom please send healings his way. Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment