About Me

My photo
I need an out sometimes and so I created this blog.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Alison

Alison...You are going to get your turn. I think about you often I don't just do my blog for me but I also do it for you. I don't want you to ever think you are alone I am here if you need anything. Dialysis is hard waiting for the kidney with all of the ups and downs that come with it is even harder but know that there is a light at the end. I think that is great you want to volunteer I am actually going to do the same I have to wait 1 year after transplant but I am thinking of giving my social worker a call from the dialysis clinic and asking if they have any volunteering I can do. Right now I am looking at going back to school to do something in the renal field. Anyways, I just want you to know I am here and I will keep blogging about how this is all going but please let me know how things are going with you.

2 comments:

  1. What a surprise to visit your blog and find my name on it! Thank you SO much for your supportive words As I read your blog I read about myself and how having this disease feels. It makes me cry but at the same time it`s a wonderful feeling to know I`m not alone and that the surgery can change my life. This disease certainly teaches patience and endurance. The past couple of days have been a little better with much of the excess fluid draining off. The extra exchange is a pain in the butt (or gut) but I guess it is helpful after all. Take care my friend. Keep me posted please. We`re survivors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to get so frustrated with fluid over load and dehidration. Hang in there and just keep doing what your doing. This disease is an emotional rollor coaster but it will come to a stop. I still have not taken my dialysis room apart because everytime I go in there I start to cry it is still very overwhelming and so unreal that that was my life. Now my life is pills pills pills but it's ok I have nothing to complain about life is a journey and this is our journey it is a hard one but it is bearable. It has made me so much more stronger and appricaite life so much more.

    ReplyDelete